GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation)
GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) will come into effect from 25th May 2018 and for businesses throughout the UK, both large and small, the new regulations will mean a fundamental change to the way in which customer and personal data is stored, managed and used.
There is a real need to consider not only how to prepare for and manage the transition to GDPR but also focus on how can you best use your data to better engage with your customers through targeted, personalised communications utilising both print and digital media.
Latcham Direct is working closely with Member360, to provide support and advice to organisations across the membership and other sectors so that they can better understand the implications of GDPR.
As our customers consider how GDPR will affect the way data is managed, it’s important for Latcham Direct to understand what is required and as a business we are also auditing our own data and processes. We therefore want to offer a GDPR service that enables a positive change.
GDPR the facts:
- GDPR comes into effect from 25th May 2018
- GDPR is an EU regulation replacing the Data Protection Act
- It affects each and every business throughout the UK
- Fines can be 20 million euros or 4% of global turnover, whichever is higher
- GDPR not only applies to your business data, but any personal data held or used by your supply chain
- Any personally identifiable data must be securely held and managed at all times
- The ICO will be looking at non-compliance very closely
- It’s imperative that every business understands what GDPR means to them and what they need to do to prepare for it
- Directors may be personally responsible for non-compliance
- You need to consider if your marketing activity fulfills a ‘legitimate business interest’ and understand the distinction between direct and digital marketing so that data can be effectively managed according to GDPR
Latcham Direct GDPR service:
- Initial GDPR advice session – explaining more about GDPR, what you need to consider and how best to prepare for this using the IT Governance GDPR toolkit
- 1 or 2 day GDPR Health-check – audit of current data and processes, what needs to be achieved to be compliant, data security, supply chain management, on-going data management. Our health-check solution can tailored to meet your specific requirements and we will signpost you to suppliers who can support this transition
- Latcham Direct Data Management Services – providing market leading data processing and management services, ensuring your data is secure, compliant, supressed and complete in order to generate targeted customer communications
- Latcham Direct Full range of Marketing, Fulfilment and Print services – enabling you to make the most of your customer data, generating quality personalised direct marketing and digital campaigns, increasing customer engagement and retention
For more information about how we can help your business prepare for GDPR please contact: email@example.com or call 0117 311 8200.